Friday, February 11, 2011

Hypocrites

Jesus seemed to like the word "hypocrites".  Just about everytime he has a run in with the religious leaders of his day, he throws this word at them.  Jesus also spends time speaking on this topic to the crowds.

Luke 6 is a good example:
vs 39 he talks about "the speck in your own eye"
vs 43 he talks about "trees that don't bear fruit"
vs 46 he says, "Why do you call me Lord, and not do what I tell you?"

I kind of get the idea that there were a whole lot of people in Jesus' day who were doing the religious thing, but not really living it.

Sure am glad that we don't have this problem today!

Does the way I live match what I believe?  Is my life really that much different than anyone else?

1 John 3:18 Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth

No comments:

Post a Comment