Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Sodom and Gomorrah"

This afternoon I was preparing for my trip to Ghana in June, and I came across a place in the city of Accra (where I'm going) that is nicknamed "Sodom and Gomorrah".

What I read broke my heart.  Thousands of children are living in slums like this, with no parent, no place to live, doing whatever it takes to survive.  Teenage prostitution is rampant, 8 year olds spend there days fishing through the garbage hoping to find something they can sell just to eat, and violence and crime is just a part of life.  One article I read talked about rape and sexual perversion just being the norm.

I'm scheduled to be at this exact place on June 7th - please pray for these children.

4 comments:

  1. It's hard to even imagine. It breaks my heart that there are places like this, yet it's so easy to completely forget in the comfort of our safe life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure! It's hard to imagine that places like this even exist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What dates will you be gone?

    ReplyDelete