Saturday, January 8, 2011

Being hated

I work hard to be liked.  It's important to me that people like me, in fact I've found that it's hard be a pastor and lead people if they don't like you.  So I think....

I was reading in Matthew this evening where Jesus is talking to his disciples.  He's sending them out to the Jews in the surrounding towns and cities to heal people, and tell them that the messiah has come.  Doesn't sound that tough to me, but it's interesting that right in the middle of his little "speech", Jesus just throws out, "Oh by the way, you're going to be hated by everyone because of this".  Jesus knows that if the disciples do ministry the way it should be done, a whole lot of people aren't going to like it.

By working so hard to be liked and to make people happy, am I missing out on what God really wants me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment