Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goals

I've never been a big "new year's resolution" guy, but I very much value goals.  I know that might sound like the same thing, but for me resolutions never seem to happen and goals help me stay focused.  So I thought I'd list out a few goals for 2011.  I understand that this is a public blog and I use it more as a journal, but here we go.

Personal:
Read - I need to be reading books, helps me stay on track
Go - Poverty trip to Africa, already in the works but something I feel strongly about doing this year
Give - I want to move farther away from the "American Dream" and be more in tune with God.  Also want to Sponsor 2 more children
Vision - Take time away to hear God and get direction
Grow - Duh, but specifically in my leadership, prayer life, and preaching

Church:
Grow - Average attendance up by 50 people by next January
Discipleship - Get our butt in gear in this area.  See people excited about personal growth and connecting with others
Staff - Add a full time pastor
Video - Sermon videos online and playing on public TV
Poverty - Church would come face to face with poverty and have to do something
Missions - up our missions giving by $300/month
Pray - Bring a culture of prayer to our church

No comments:

Post a Comment