Thursday, January 20, 2011

Noise

It's amazing to me how "noisy" my life can get.  So much going on at every moment of my day.  Things to get done, people to talk to, books to read, emails that need replying.  Much of it productive stuff.  But when do I leave time for silence?

Psalms 4:4 Search your hearts and be silent
Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God
Luke 5:6 Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed

Do I leave time to withdraw?  Do I ever find time to just shut up and get away?  Do I wonder why I struggle to hear God's voice as much as I'd like?  Is there just too much "noise"?

1 Kings 19:11-12  Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind.  After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire.  And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment