Monday, June 6, 2011

Africa day 1 - I've arrived!

I arrived in Ghana at 12:30pm (7:30am MN time) and the traveling went great!  No delays, no problems, bad food, and very little sleep - but I'm here!

I was picked up from the airport by Kwame.  He is head of relief and development for the Assembly of God in the country of Ghana.  He has been a great help and I'm looking forward to his company.

One of the first things I noticed as we drove through the city was the disabled people.  At every stop light were people with no legs or deformed body parts pushing themselves around on a skateboard or a form of a homemade wheelchair.  They were literally going from car to car asking for money.  Apparently the country of Ghana has zero welfare program to help and this is their only way to survive.


Tomorrow morning I'm up at 6am to visit a ministry called "lifeline".  This ministry is right in the middle of the slums of Accra where they deal with child prostitution and children living in the gutters.
Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment