Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Africa day 3 - Traveling to Tamale

Got up this morning at 3:45am to catch a flight to the northern region of Ghana.  This part of the trip is for me to experience the rural poverty in this part of Africa.  It was a small plane (room for about 40 passengers) and it took about an hour.  The airport in Tamale is about the same size as our church building.

We spent the morning driving around the city of Tamale and I just asked a whole lot of questions.  I could immediately see the difference as we passed the homes (or should I say huts) that people lived in.

All these pictures were taken from the truck so they're not the best:

A group of "houses" - there are clusters of these all over.  The roof is thatch and the walls are mud





Women walking on the street - I have know idea how they do this:


This is an ant hill - approximately 10 feet high.  I don't want to meet those ants!
















With a long day yesterday and the early morning traveling we are taking the day to rest.  The next 2 days we are driving out of Tamale to visit a few villages in the area - I'm hoping we can actually visit a few of these homes and talk to some of people

No comments:

Post a Comment